Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

I made a list of things I wanted for Mothers Day. I want Kaya to clean her room, Joey to install new mini blinds in the kids rooms, clean the kitchen, and litter box. He also bought a baby swing for Jimi as a surprise to me yesterday after a particularly rough day where he was up nonstop from 7 am to 5 pm, 90% of the time crying. I got 2 dozen roses from my boss, who dropped them by yesterday so she could see Jimi again. Today we are going to Suzy's for dinner and a joint mom's Day/birthday party for Shannon.
***EDITED*** TOO MUCH INFO***
For the last month, I have been battling with a tear in my breast from feeding. It is very painful every time I have to feed him or pump, and is bleeds. I have tried several suggestions from a lactation consultant to heal it, and some cream from my obgyn, but nothing is helping. It keeps getting infected, so after much thought, and a lot of pain, I stopped breast feeding as of last night. I still have about 200 oz of milk frozen from being an "over producer" so for now he will be getting half stored milk, half formula. I just don't see why I need to make myself miserable just to breastfeed... of course now I'm swollen and in a whole other kind of pain, engorgement.

I have about 5 weeks before I go back to work, the time has already gone by so fast. I have mixed feelings with going back, I miss the mental stimulation and adult interaction, but I love being off work raising Jimi.

Oh well, I'm off to get my morning cup of coffee, now that I'm not breastfeeding anymore, I can have all the coffee I want.

No comments: