Monday, September 22, 2008

My Baby is 6 months old...and other random thoughts

My stupid camera is not working at the moment, so there are no pics of my precious little 6 month old right now. Jimi is thriving, weighing in at 18.3 lbs and 28 inches long. He is so happy and loves to play peek a boo and patty cake. He still isn't rolling from belly to back, but the doc said today not to worry, since he is still developmentally only 5 months old. He loves to eat and is teething like crazy. I just can't believe it's already been 6 months!

Kaya loves her cheering and got the "loudest" award at last weeks game. She started Daisy's and is selling candy and nuts for a few weeks. She loves 1st grade and her teacher. She is doing great with reading, but her handwriting stinks...I guess it will get better as the year wears on.

Joey just started his 3rd year of school. Just one more year after this one! He got a nice raise last week...yay! He loves his current job he is working on, and is currently a bit obsessive trying to make sure Kaya sells the most nuts out of her troop.

I am status quo at work. It is such a crazy place to work at. So much happens in a day, week, month, but I just don't have the energy to tell all of my tales...I think that would be a whole other blog! I am slowing down on my weight loss, my own fault of course. But I am still headed in the right direction...down, and I guess that is what matters right now. I can actually fit into some old pre preggo jeans, and I think that has made me lose some momentum.

I had gum surgery last Thursday, a part of the whole "getting braces" saga. I can only eat soft foods for a week, and today is the first day I'm now swollen. The next step are pulling 2 bottom teeth, then the braces.

I am in the middle of posting a long post on my political stance. I haven't voted since Clinton, mostly staying apathetic with the whole process. But this year, I have actually pulled my head out of my ass and am reading over all of the issues, stances, propaganda, etc. I have to say I still hate the process because so much of the real issues get lost in lies and negative shit slinging.

That's it for now. I need to update my baking blog, but it will have to wait because I am leaving to go home now.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. I think we had a bet going about a 10lb weight loss? I believe you won? ;-)Name the place and I will be there to accept my loser drink. You rock girl.

S said...

I can't believe Jimi is 6 months already! Time flies!