Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Whew...it's been a while.

I don't even know where to begin. Our winter months were crazy. I missed so much work due to Jimi's ear infections, Kaya's sicknesses as well as my own. A bout of lice in the house (thanks Kaya) just so much crappiness happened the end of 08 and the beginning of 09. Finally around April, it all started coming around. Jimi got tubes in his ears, and I switched daycares due to my job being cut back.

Jimi is now 17 months old, cute as a button and into EVERYTHING! Kaya is 7, getting ready to start 2nd grade and thinks she knows everything.

Joey and I are great, I got cut back part time in March and love it! What we thought would be hard for us financially isn't so bad. We took a look at our finances, cut back here and there, and we are still at the same bottom line at the end of the month that we were before the cut back. I actually have time now to clean the house and spend extra time with my kids. Joey has one more year of classes before he is a mechanic. He loves his job and has really found a niche for himself in the electrical/troubleshooting aspect of his job. He has also found a love for cooking. He cooks almost every night, and has gotten really good. We go a little overboard with grocery shopping, since he bought a smoker back in Jan, we also have a deep freezer and have soo much food, everything is stocked full all the time...but cooking/eating/baking is something we enjoy doing together, I even signed us up for a couple of classes at Sur la Table- he wanted to take a knife skills/chopping class, and I'm going to do a bread making one. Luckily make a lot of healthy meals. I am only 10 lbs away from my goal. I've lost 20 lbs since last summer. I want to get down to 139. Those last 10 lbs are hard to lose when you don't exercise, and I don't.

We are currently getting windows and new siding for our house- YAY! For those of you that know us, we have never lived in one place this long (4 years) and it's making me want to redecorate! We were wasting so much money each month on electricity due to our crappy windows and our siding was starting to warp and rot in a few places. Joey also painted our bedroom and I am slowly decorating that as well. The next step will be our master bath- I want to paint our cabinets white and bring our bedroom paint in there as well. Replace our mirror with 2 white framed ones and change out our fixtures, but due to the cost of our siding job, that will be down the road a bit.

Back to Jimi. He is such a cute, chubby curly headed little boy! He smiles all the time! He is saying Mama, DaDa, hi, bye, and sometimes he'll say Kaya. He isn't talking too much yet, but I'm not stressed, Kaya was a late talker too.

Kaya is a sweet sweet girl, but her attitude can drive us crazy! She is so excited about 2nd grade and she learned to swim this summer. She has practiced riding a two wheel bike, and that isn't too far off.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

YAY! You posted something! ;-)