Sunday, January 27, 2008

Nursery: Before












Just a quick post to show what my guest bedroom looks like before we transform it. I have painted 3 different shades of green to sample this weekend, and I'm not really in love with any of them. I am going to choose the shade Joey likes, so if it doesn't turn out ok, I can always blame him! ;) I also went to Class or Trash this weekend and found a great old dresser I can use as a combo dresser/changing table, and a small side table I'm going to repaint for the room as well...all for only $50!

Jimi's room will be green with blue and yellow accent colors, the bedding is a very simple light star theme that I bought off of ebay, and I bought the coordinating rug on clearance at Babiesrus.

Joey is painting next weekend and then I will get to work painting the dresser and side table. I ordered letters in a coordinating pattern to hang his name on the wall above the changing table, and I'm going to get a family friend to do a small star mural on the wall above the crib with the quote from Peter Pan "Second star to the right and straight on till morning". I didn't want the typical twinkle twinkle, or star light star bright, and I have always loved Peter Pan.

No comments: