Tuesday, February 19, 2008

31 week update

I went in today for my 31 week checkup and an ultrasound to see how Jimi was developing. He is measuring at around 33 weeks, about 2 weeks larger than I actually am! They estimate his size to be around 4 lbs 8 oz! ( an average being around 3.3 lbs at 31 weeks). Babies typically grow around 1/2 lb a week at this point, so I could be looking at giving birth to a much larger baby then Kaya was. Epidural here I come!

The ultrasound was amazing, he is already in head down position, but I saw a pretty good shot of most of his face (the other portion being hidden by my pelvis. He's got giant cheeks! and opened his eyes to look at us and proceded to kick me at the same time. He has a lot of hair the tech said for only being 31 weeks...Kaya had hardly any for the first 2 years of her life.

As far as I'm concerned, my doc said not to worry about the many BH contractions unless they start to hurt all the time. I go back in 2 week intervals now, and at my 35 week appt, I get another ultrasound to see if the baby is still in head down position and how much larger he has gotten.

I can't believe this little miracle is almost here. It seems like such a short time ago I was experiencing the pain of a miscarriage. I can't even express how special this little boy is to me, how special both of my children are to me. I should probably stop now before my hormones take over! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful! What a big boy! ;) We can't wait to meet him.

Rachel