Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Weekly update

I got my results back last week for the gestational diabetes test, and it came back negative. It did, however, show that I was anemic and they made me start taking extra iron to go along with my prenatal vitamin. Hopefully that will spring back up soon, and all will be fine for the rest of my pregnancy.

Joey painted the nursery this weekend, and I painted the dresser and table I bought which turned out really nice. It is still a work in progress since we still have to set up the crib and hang stuff on the walls. Joey is buying new closet doors because the old ones needed to be replaced. I will post pictures as soon as the majority of the room is complete.

It has been in the 60's and 70's here for the past several days, and I am loving this weather! I really can't wait for spring! I know I keep mentioning that I could have Jimi up to 3 weeks early, but I really hope he waits a little longer. I am taking about 10 weeks off for maternity leave, and I would love to not go back to work until the beginning of July. I'm having issues with the daycare situation and what I'm going to do with Jimi after I go back to work...the place I currently take Kaya is saying they won't have a spot open until Sept, even though I reserved a spot on their list the day I found out I was pregnant. I've decided that if I can find a spot for both Kaya and Jimi somewhere close that I will pull her out of daycare as soon as I deliver and save some money while I'm out on leave.

Kaya got her report card Friday and is doing great! She has almost got reading mastered (thanks Becky for those books, they are great!) and doing great in every other subject. I am finding that she has an interest in History and Science. She is such a good natured, sweet little girl. I really hope Jimi has some of those same qualities, but God I hope he sleeps more than Kaya!

No comments: