Thursday, June 5, 2008

Back in my Day

I'm really not that person that is overly sensitive about my age. Getting older is a part of life after all, and the 1 or 2 grey hairs that showed up 4 or 5 years ago, have now started to invite their friends, but I have yet to really care that they are there. It struck me today though that I will be 32 this Saturday. Hmmm, I know when I was a kid, I thought 32 was middle age, and could never concievably see myself that old. Well I am just about there, and I still don't feel middle aged. My age doesn't really bother me, but when I think of the age of my parents, 69 and 67 this year, that really hits me...when did everyone get so old?

I remember summers when I was a kid, swinging as high as I could, then jumping out and flying, if only for a few seconds. Picking Crabs on the picnic table out in the back yard and lemonade at my grandmas house. Home made Ice cream, sucking on wild honeysuckle in the woods, and summer trips to theSsmithsonian. Our parents didn't spend money to go the beach or go to the pool, so we spent our days playing on our bikes, or playing wiffle ball. We lived too far out for cable, and we didn't have atari...but we were never bored.

What do you remember?

No comments: