Monday, June 30, 2008

Checking In

Our weekend was ok. We have had parties at our house for 3 consecutive weeks, and this weekend was supposed to be us sitting at home relaxing. But Joey's dad had a cookout so we felt like we needed to make an appearence.

Kaya played on a big dirt mound (fun) and Jimi just hung out with us. He is starting to sit up a little more and he loves to talk to you.

Sunday, Jimi would not sleep for anything. He typically takes a 2-3 hour nap midmorning/early afternoon, but he was awake pretty much all day, until 9:00. So by this time he was cranky, but he was fighting sleep much like Kaya used to. By the time he finally fell asleep, I was ready for a bottle of wine, or those chocolate glazed doughnuts in the kitchen. That is how I would usually deal with a stressful evening. I was good though and had 1 of those fudgecycles that are only like 20 calories and went to bed.

I went to ww on Saturday. I was 172.4 and it felt good to go again. I have been really good so far...of course this is only day 3 for me, so we shall see.

We aren't doing anything for the 4th. We went to the beach last year with friends and had a great time, but as busy as we have been recently, it might be nice to have a quiet long weekend.

No comments: