Friday, August 8, 2008

Blogging Part Deux

I am probably the Grocer's favorite shopper. Even if I have a list, and now-a-days, coupons, I am still an impulse buyer. I just can't resist all sorts of items that jump out at me while I'm at the store. I have visions of making a wonderful roast, or more often then not, some sort of sweet dessert or bake good. I have all of these many items in my pantry just waiting for the inspiration, that sadly, I don't have time to find. My biggest offense at the grocery store are the little recipe books or food magazines at the check out. I flock to them like a fat kid to candy. I just know I'm going to find the perfect thing in there to fix for the nameless perfect occasion.

I am beginning to aquire so many recipe books and magazines that I will never have a chance to fix half of the items in my life time, but I love to look at them. That along with the fact that when I do bake something and I do a good job, like the birthday cake for Joey this past weekend, I'm proud and want to show my accomplishment. These are all reasons why I have created a new blog. To share what I have done, and give me a reason for using my neglected ingredients and recipe books. I enjoy baking and maybe if I blog about what I'm creating each week, I will make time for something I love to do.

So if you ever need a recipe or idea for something to bake. You can find me at http://www.52sweetsayear.blogspot.com/

This should do wonders for my diet!

1 comment:

~Becky said...

I am so out of touch. Life has been crazy! What a great idea, Jen. :)