Wednesday, August 13, 2008

TidBits

I have a summer time cold...ugh. Waking up with a raw throat and stuffy nose is soo not fun this time of year. Jimi has been sneezing a bit the last few days, so I'm sure I caught it from him.

I ate yesterday like I would never eat again...must get back on track today. I want to be back into my size 10 fall clothes by mid September. Eating McDonalds for lunch is not getting me there any quicker. That's what I get for spending my whole lunch school shopping for Kaya and only having 5 minutes to grab something before I went back to work.

If you heard last weekend on the news about an 18 year old wrecking his car in King and Queen County and dieing...that was my step mother's grandson Dustin Johnson. He just graduated this past June and I had only met him like 2 times and that was way back when he was like 8 or 9 years old. But it doesn't make it any less heartbreaking for his mother. I'll be going to the viewing tonight to help support my step mom and her daughter Dana. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

I wish we would have taken a vacation this summer. We aren't beach people, but it still would have been nice to get away for a week. What we'd like to do is take another cruise, but we probably will hold off until our 10 year anniversary in 2010. I think we will take our kids with us so we need to make sure Jimi is old enough for their kids program and plus we will have to save up the extra money for them to go.

Oh well, enough dreaming for now...that is a long way off.

No comments: