Thursday, August 21, 2008

Metal Gear


I had my orthodontic consultation yesterday. For all of those with children...start saving your money now. If they need braces, it can be pretty expensive. Even with our dental insurance, it only pays for half of the cost. My orthodontist is really nice, and I have some pretty extensive work to be done, just like I expected. I have to have 2 teeth extracted, and after a year of wearing braces, jaw surgery to extend my lower jaw that never grew correctly...yikes. The surgery is up to me, but I guess I will see how the braces go first, and how much my insurance will cover the surgery. It is technically cosmetic, but my case is pretty severe, so they are sure that insurance will cover it. All of this will take 2 years to do. Don't worry, there is no headgear involved! My next appt is next week to take models and x rays of my teeth. I would think by Halloween I should have them on.

No comments: