Tuesday, March 18, 2008

35 week check up

I am continuing to pull an inspired thought from my piggy bank that was given to me at my shower. Today was some wonderful soul wishing me a full nights sleep. From you lips to Jimi's ears!

I had my check up and last ultrasound today. Jimi is still head down, but is now face up. I saw his little heart beating, and we got to watch him breathe for like 30 seconds...it was magical! They measured all the appropriate parts, and he is currently measuring at 6 lbs 12 oz! I know ultrasounds can be a little off, but still, Kaya was only 6, 2oz when she was born at 37 weeks! My doctor then performed my gbs screen and checked me out. I'm officially 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced and -1 station. That basically means, that my cervix is half way thinned out, and he is almost lying directly on my cervix.

With all the pressure I've felt since last Thurs, I had hoped that I was imagining my body starting to change. I just knew something was happening, but was scared the doctor would tell me nothing had changed yet.

Going into labor is not an exact science. I could hold out till my due date, but my doctor's best guess was within the next 2 weeks...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Adam and I have some crazy tricks for turning the baby so he's head down, if you're interested! It worked for us, and is supposedly a much easier labor if the baby starts out head down than if he's face up, which puts some pressure on your back.

C'mon, Jimi!

~sarah