Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Attack of the Super Nesting Pregnant Woman

I am a little over 33 weeks pregnant. I went to my check up today and all is well. I have all the normal signs of a pregnant woman. I go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound, my GBS screening and my first "exam" of how things are shaping up down there.

The biggest symptom that I currently suffer from is nesting. I just had to get my nursery done early. I've cleaned out all of our closets and had Joey clean off the deck. I have thrown out, donated, sold on Craigslist anything that I can possibly put my hands on that we haven't used in over a year. I've been rationalizing all of this saying it was because I am having 2 baby showers thrown at my house on my behalf, and I want everything looking nice. Now, although he is in agreement, I think Joey finally has come to the realization that I have gone off the deep end. My newest target is...our pool...I want it gone!

I've been considering it for almost a year now, the fact that we are so busy in the summer and we use it so rarely. How Joey complains every time he has to put chemicals in it, vacuum it or find a hole to patch. How our back yard is only used 5 months out of the year because the other 7 it is really unattractive with a huge 24 foot round black tarp covering the pool. We spend to much money on opening and closing it every season, not to mention the cost of chemicals and increase in water bill. Joey is in complete agreement, after all, when we bought this house 3 years ago, it wasn't exactly a selling point for either of us.

If you know me at all, you know that when I decide to do something, I do it immediately. So after asking Joey what he thought about it, I posted an ad on Craigslist trying to sell or just have someone come take it away. I've already had one deck contractor to our house to give me an estimate on adding on to our deck where the pool was. This is probably the exact wrong time to do any of this since I could give birth in a matter of weeks, but it is almost pool season and I want it gone!

So I'm sorry to all of my friends' kids. No pool parties at our house this year if I can help it. We are going to buy Kaya and Jimi a swing set instead.

Thankfully, I will give birth soon and all of this madness can end!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are starting to scare me just a little! ;) LOL! J said I was the same way while pregnant. You will be glad of it after the baby is born and you can't even function though!

Rachel

~Becky said...

The kids will be heartbroken! Good luck getting it out of there before Jimi arrives. :) I hope Pearson doesn't read this entry...the last thing I need is a pool in my yard!