Thursday, March 20, 2008

My trip back to the doctor

I came home from my 35 week appt on Tuesday, and started having pretty painful contractions. They certainly changed from all of the BH I was having up until then. They came every 7-14 minutes regularly until I went to bed. I woke up off and off with them too, but I didn't time those. This carried on all day yesterday, getting progressively more painful, getting to where I could still talk through them, but couldn't really move when they were happening. I called my OB and she said to come in to get checked out because she had late office hours. I soo didn't want to do that because I felt like it wasn't quite time yet, but in hindsight I'm glad I did.

Labor wasn't imminent, but I had dilated a tad more, and she gave me some Ambien to relax those muscles and get some sleep. More then anything it eased my mind to know exactly what was going on.

I got home and ended up taking 2 extra strength Tylenol...I'm funny about pills and didn't know how the ambien would effect me. The tylenol didn't help, but I finally fell asleep and actually sometime during the night they stopped. They drove me to distraction yesterday, not being able to hardly work, thank goodness this morning I've only had 2 in 2 hours, because I have a ton to get done at work. I hope I didn't speak too soon.

The doc said not much longer now.

My piggy bank thought of the day is...Love you so much! E can't wait to meet her new BFF!

No comments: