Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'd Give my Eye Teeth to Have Straight Teeth

I never talk about it because I'd rather ignore them and wish they weren't there. But if talking about losing weight helps me do it, maybe talking about getting braces will help me do it also. Those of you that have always had straight teeth, or got braces at an early age can't comprehend how badly I want my horrible overbite and crooked teeth to disappear. I won't even go into the years of riducule I suffered because of them...lets think merely of the health of my teeth. I've never been able to bite into an apple...what a simple task, but my bite does not allow me to do that. And the crowding and uneven bite causes cavities and gum issues, and again I will mention my appearance...I hate to smile!

So for years I did ignore them, then before we were married I looked into getting braces, but with out dental insurance, well, we just couldn't afford it. So now 8 years later, 2 kids later, and now armed with awesome dental insurance, I am pulling my head out of the sand and made myself go to the dentist today. Did I not mention that it had been a few years? I was scared this morning when I went...scared of being told all of my teeth were going to fall out, or hell no you are no longer a canidate for braces...things obviously I knew to be false. After the horrible xrays were taken (I hate those) they found that I had no cavities! I am, however, going back in two weeks to get my bottom grey fillings redone into white ones so I won't have the unsightly gray teeth anymore.

Next comes braces. One more step closer.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I think your smile is beautiful. :-)
Good for your for doing something you were scared to do. I haven't been to the dentist in years! I am scared of what they will say too.