Thursday, July 10, 2008

Losing the Weight

I am trying really hard to make this lifestyle change because I really want to lose 30 or so lbs and be as fit as I was a little over a year ago.

It is hard to stop eating out twice a week, snacking on junk food all the time, and drinking coffee everyday. Coffee, the way I drink it with sugar and a good amount of half and half, is about 2 points. I am willing to use splenda, but refuse to budge on the half and half. So, even though I love it, it's not worth it to me to waste points everyday on that...so I have started only having it on weekends. Alcohol is another thing I don't waste my points on too often while I'm on WW, I just don't agree with wasting my 22 precious points on any beverage. I would love to come home every night and have a glass or 2 of wine, but I just remind myself of the sick feeling I get when I try to put on my old clothes and they are still too small. I had to actually buy almost a whole new wardrobe after having Jimi because I had nothing except maternity things that fit me. I was 185 then, and I still can't wear any of my old clothes now, over 17 lbs later.

I wanted to join a pilates class at a church next to my house, but they only have it on Mondays, and I just found out today that Kaya's cheering practice is going to be on Mondays, so much for that idea. I am really considering starting to work my way up to running. That's a bold sentence huh? Starting to consider working my way up to...well, to clarify, I am really out of shape. I walked a half mile at almost a jog last week, and I was totally winded...but I guess you have to start somewhere.

I would love to set a goal for myself to run the Monument Ave 5k? 10k? which is it? I know that running would fit into my very tight schedule right now and would do wonders for increasing my metabolism and help lose weight. I just know that starting the process is a painful thing, and I just need to get off my butt and do it.

No comments: